CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Busy Day

Today has really been busy. I went grocery shopping and household shopping. Then home to put it all away. Sneaked in a new quilting magazine of course. I put all the perishables up first, then left the rest out for a while. I knew I had to clean out the pantry, so why put it all away just to take it all out. I managed to get the top half of the pantry done, so feel like I have accomplished a great deal. Still have the bottom half, but shouldn't take as long. I probably took to the dumpster about $50-$60 dollars of food if not more that had all expired or gone bad from the brown moth infestation that I am plagued with. That was the main reason for the cleaning, then added some moth repellent sachets to chase the little buggers away. Also gave me a chance to inventory my pantry. Could not believe that some how I have ended up with 13 cans of beef broth. After buying groceries and coming home with cans of black and red kidney beans for a particular recipe I want to try, only to find I already had three of each on hand, I was further convinced that this cleaning and inventory was essential. I am also going to make up a menu plan for the next three weeks and challenging myself to see how much I can actually do with just what I have on hand. Which really is a ridiculous amount of food.

We have had an on going problem with mold growing in our bathroom. Hubby has become fearful that the mold is what is making me sick and the reason I can't seem to get completely well, so he mixed up some bleach water and went to work on the walls and ceiling. It looks so much nicer. Discovered that bleach water makes old wallpaper (actually it was former owners great idea to use contact paper and glue) come off very easy.

I went an played a little with some fabric I have. Just had to touch the little sweeties, make sure they are still there and all. Can't wait until I can start slashing them to pieces and then stitching them back up. I have several tops that I am going to layer and finish up before I let myself start on anything else. I have four major quilt projects that need to get done first off when I get started back. First, quilt for co-workers new baby (plan to make up a few extras for future gifts), second is throw size quilt promised for raffle prize to booster club, third is a few quilts that just need binding, and four is quilt that I started for a wedding gift for my son. The wedding was postponed, then called off, then they broke up. I still want to finish the quilt though. Then I have a mile long list of various UFOs and PIGS I want to do. Doesn't everyone? My new year's resolutions include being more organized, so will make a list of projects to mark off. When I am not working 40 hours, not going to the gym, not cleaning house, not taking care of the family that is. Yeah, I know!

Well, off to a warm bath and even warmer bed so I can start it all over again tomorrow.

1 comments:

Nann said...

Those brown moths are horrible! They infested the parsonage pantry--how disgusting to pour raisin bran *powder* into the cereal bowl! We tracked the infestation to a sack of rye flour that was a gift. So much for bread baking.