CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I am tired of being sick

I wasn't able to go to work yesterday, just felt way to bad. But, I managed to sleep away the morning then use the afternoon time to finish up my classwork for the computer class I am taking. It feels good to be finished. Don't know if this will work, but am going to try and insert my final project, a power point presentation, on the page. Here goes.

Okay, it didn't work. If anyone knows how I can insert it on my blog, please let me know.

Here is how brilliant I am. I went to the store, saw Shrek 3, bought it and brought it home. Got home, found out we already had it. So, back it went to the store. Thankfully it had not been opened. Instead of a cash refund, they refunded the money back on to my credit card, so I went surfing for quilty things and found the much loved Piecemakers Country Store quilt site. I did it, like the commercial says, I gave in to my inner desires, I bought the Piecemakers 2008 Calendar called Times and Seasons. I just love their calendars, each with a pattern for a block each month with the option to make just the block and really embellish it or make the blocks up for the quilt. Click on the link and see it, along with the other years. I have a small collection of the calendars, always with the best of intentions to make them up. This is the year for this one, I can feel it in my bones.

Surfing the sights was such a mixture of emotions for me. I did a search of the Yahoo groups for various interest and joined several groups, some familiar, some totally new. Then I surfed for free BOM sites, pretty disappointed as the search engine kept listing quilt stores that were selling the block kits. But, I did find some really wonderful inspiration out there which was bittersweet. It really gave me the old itchy quilty work the fabric bug, which was exciting to feel once again. It was so maddening because I know I can't just sit down and start working on something until after the holidays. However, it is something to look forward to.

I also found some wonderful blogs out there. Way too many to list at the moment, but one sight I just have to mention. Go to Sunshine’s Creations to see some great quick and easy little tree ornaments. The simplicity makes them so elegant and charming. I may just have to make some up in the coming months and pack them away for next Christmas.

Okay, I have procrastinated long enough for this hour. I need to go figure out something for supper. It is not a lack of ingredients, my pantry and freezers are packed to near bursting, I just am so tired out from the pneumonia that I just don't want to stand in the kitchen. Not to mention that everything taste kind of off and nothing even sounds appealing, except for the new Banana Strawberry Smoothie Shake from Carl's Jr. which I do not need.

Until next time.

0 comments: