CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 10, 2007

Monday

It is Monday and am home with a sick child. She has the stomach crud. I am still coughing like crazy, but it doesn't last as long or cause as much pain.


We had a wonderful weekend, that didn't last nearly long enough, but it is now over. I got to see my oldest daughter graduate from college. It was bittersweet. Proud that she had accomplished so much, a little guilty that we weren't able to help her as much as she needed. Then there is a little bit of envy going because she has this whole other family that seems to look after their every need. During the meal out at the restaurant, I barely spoke to my daughter a total of 10 minutes. We were there for about 2 hours or so. Then, I had planned a little surprise get together which hardly anyone showed up for. I did get to see my grandson though.


Now, I had mentioned in a previous blog that I couldn't even get to my sewing machines if I wanted to. I snap a photo or two for illustrative purposes.



Like I said, I have a lot of cleaning up to do just to get to the sewing machines and to see just what kind of supplies I do still have around here to work with.

Hopefully we will get our Christmas shopping done very soon, wrapped up and under the tree. It is still hard to believe, but we will be back in Texas two weeks from this past Saturday. It will once again be a quick trip, too quick in some ways, too long in others, but will be nice to see the grand baby again.

Now, I need to get off of this computer and get to work on some laundry and cleaning. A co-worker and his wife just had a baby girl and I want to make a little something for her. Just need to find something to make it out of.

I am off on a mission.

1 comments:

Nancy said...

It's sad when we "suddenly" realize we aren't number 1 in their life.

It does get better when grandkids come along though!! LOL