CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Guess What I Found?

I woke up with a nasty stomach bug this morning. Good thing the bathroom is in my bedroom. At any rate, this afternoon I started feeling a little better so decided to try and finish cleaning my sewing area up in between trips to the bathroom. Amazing, I found a desk and shelves and carpet.


It is sure great to have a place to work once again. The only thing missing is the monitor that will be going with the computer. Hubby bought me a flat screen monitor for Christmas so I can have more room and still be able to sew. Early last year he bought me a new computer to use for school, it came with Vista, which has printer issues, so am unable to get a printer working. He is getting it all set up for me to run both computers (the old one - with printer and embroidery converter box) and the new one. I think is more so he can get on the computer at the same time I am home.



I went to work full time outside the home in March 2007. Then added internet classes through the local junior college. Stands to reason I guess that since superwomanwifemom I am not, something had to get left out. That has been the house and my hobby time. That is one reason I decided to take the semester off. My goal was to be able to start sewing on Wednesday, I made that goal. I will be back in my corner happily putting the pedal to the meddle as the needle sings along.



Now, as I said, I found so many things while I was cleaning. A co-worker and his wife recently welcomed their first child, a baby girl, born in December. I want to make a quilt for the baby, bought some great fabric for it. Yeah I know, with plastic bins and tubs of the fabric all over this house why would I buy more? Because it was a heck of a lot easier and quicker than trying to search through all the places I have fabric stuffed, rolled up, poked in, and stashed around this house. At any rate, I have been letting the wheels crank back up in to motion, after a generous oiling of viewing several recent issues of various quilt magazines, to get inspired and settle on a design for the quilt. Have it narrowed down to five you know. But in the midst of cleaning, I came across this small top I had made for a charity project that has a darling little cross stitched angel (okay, so it was done with my embroidery machine) in the center, done with yellow accents.

I meant to take a closer photo of the center, but my batteries died. Guess I played with the new camera a little too much. I will take one soon though. When I saw this little lost angel, it struck me that if I made a few blocks with colorful fabric I bought to border around this then I would have a nice size quilt. It may look like a single quilt block, but the quilt top is 24 x 24 inches as shown. I know that she is there little angel, even has brown hair like this one. Must be guilty karma going on, but that is the way a lot my projects work out. I get it in my head to make it one way, the perfect person to receive that quilt almost always shows up. It was the same way with a star quilt I made. Everyone in the class was using cottage colors (rose, pink, cream, sage) but I had to be totally different, using bright colors and black. The quilt shop gang just didn't have the appreciation they should have for my color choices, but then I really don't care much for their thoughts any way. A few months later my husband's boss got word that his daughter had been injured very badly in the line of duty while serving in Falujah as an MP when she was the victim of an explosive device that blew up the vehicle she was in. She went through 9 very painful operations to save her leg and skin graphs for the burns. I gave her the quilt telling her she was our shining star. It was all her favorite colors and she has it proudly on her bed. Got side tracked there, it really doesn't take much to do that to me. I will post a photo of the baby quilt when I get it done. I hope to have the top finished up tomorrow so I can take it to my quilt group on Thursday night and use the tables to get it basted. I have really missed the ladies at the church group and know it has been well over a year since I was in attendance with them.

On another side note, I also bought some green fat quarters to make an all green block using the Crazy Quilt method. I have joined the Green Garden Round Robin on one of my Crazy Quilt groups on Yahoo. I make the beginning (called a nakkid block) block then send it to the next name on the list. We are the avocado group. When we receive a block, we will embroidery some embellishments to it and send it on. By the time it has gone through everyone and returns home my block will be all dressed up and ready to shine. I am so excited about this project. Also found some lost bags and boxes of trims and such that will be used at some point. Oh, and by the way, even though I told myself I was only going to have one blog to keep up with, I have created a few more. I created a second edition of my stupidly deleted Needle Me Crazy blog. It is called Needle Me Crazy 2 and you can get to it through my profile. Will be adding the link to this blog sight later in the week. Am just to tired to mess with it tonight.

I am actually fading very fast as I type and need to go get a bath and off to bed. Sure wish I could stay home tomorrow and just sew. But, have to go work to pay for all my little pretties.

4 comments:

Gina said...

I believe that you choose the 'right' fabric for a reason aswell. In classes I'm always the one with the wacky fabric. I get used to the funny looks by the others.

love and hugs xxx

Hazel said...

I just found your blog while reading the scratching post site ,your sewing room looks great being as busy as you are I can see why things would get behind .Slow down girl LOL .

Meredith said...

ok my question is how long can you keep teh desk like that? I wish I could keep it clean as soon as I start working .....good job on teh clean up maybe I will get inspired.

Kathy said...

Your sewing area looks great. They can be so hard to clean up! The angel block is really cute. - Kathy at http://www.stashinhalf.blogspot.com