CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Just a Thought.

I was doing some blog surfing, noticed a posting about some 30's fabric. It made me think about the thirty's repro fabric I used for a quilt. It is not the best of photos, taken a while back, over a year, but you can get the idea.


This pattern is called "Rancher's Daughter" and can be found free at Debbie's Creative Moments then scroll down to the bottom.

I made this quilt to be a wedding gift, rushed to get it made before the wedding. Long story short I now have the top, the wedding was cancelled. They broke up. Guess it will be on the UFO list to finish in 2008. It was made in 2006. I have several UFO projects, similar situations. Guess I should make a list of them and just check them off as I finish them.

Today, I finally got the computers moved around. Now, I am back to the old set up so I can print, seems Vista doesn't play well with printers. Hubby even bought me a great flat screen monitor so I can set up on my sewing desk and still have room to sew. Amazing how quickly you get use to something because I sure miss that big screen. That computer also has a much better keyboard. Had forgotten how crappy this one is. Doesn't even register all the keystrokes, will be typing along and then realize that half the letters are missing. The other computer is too far away from the router, so need a longer wire before I can have Internet with it. SO...I am off to buy ink for the printer, now that I can print again, and a longer wire to get Internet. Just wanted to post this photo of the quilt while I was thinking about it.

Hubby is sick, one kid is sleeping at a friend's, the youngest is grounded for a few weeks, and I have been battling a severe headache. We ate out last night, don't even feel up to going out tonight, had fast food for lunch, so am thinking I will just make some soup for supper. Okay, I am off to run the shopping errands and get back home so I can settle in and read emails and work on some sewing projects. Am going to have to get a keyboard as well.

1 comments:

Lisa in Ohio said...

I love the quilt!! I hope that the one I make with some 1930's fabric turns out as awesome as yours. I especially love the border!! Bye, Lisa in Ohio