CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sick Again

Man does it really bite to be sick. I tell you, I have had four kids, all with out any drugs, and I would rather go through labor and delivery than this flu crap. This all started on Nov. 21, and just when I thought I was getting over it, my husband and daughter come down with it, now they are pretty much over it and I am back down with it.

On another line of thought. I have this cross collection that is displayed on a wall of my living room. I don't collect a certain type, just what ever pleases my eye so to speak. Of course family and friends know it makes a great gift for me as well. I did a little shopping on Ebay and found four crosses to add to the collection. I received them this week. The small one is very rustic, almost like rusty iron, quite ornate. The one in the middle is a favorite, it has an angel in the middle and the little glass candle holder fits in her arms. The photo doesn't show it clearly. The third cross is a Byzantine style. Which by the way is a reference to the Roman empire after the 300's AD which is know for its rich iron works and ornate styling. Today, it reminds you more of Mexican style art. Of course, my decorating budget is on the lower side, okay I am down right cheap, so this isn't really iron, it is more like plastic resin with a few metal trimmings. However, they do look nice on my wall, at least to my way of thinking, and that is what matters.

My fourth cross, a really lovely one with a depiction of a Texas longhorn did not however survive the trip through our postal service transfers. At least it was a clean break. The seller has promised a refund, unfortunately does not have any more like it. Said that he bought it off Ebay as well however suggested super glue. I offered to send it back since he was refunding the money, he declined. I think I will try to glue it back together and hang it on the wall anyway. I love the longhorn, which looks a little like pewter. But then, I really like anything that is Texan in nature.

I am however extremely put out with the postal service over this, the box was clearly marked "fragile" on all sides. I didn't pay for insurance, usually don't with the amount of funds I use, so that is all there is for that. And...as Forrest Gump would say, "that's all I got to say about that."

1 comments:

Candi said...

Dianna, beautiful collection! Hope you're feeling better real soon too! Glad to see you back.
HUGZ:)
Candi