CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Quilt Top Is Done

Just thought I would pop back in and post a couple of photos. I am finished with the quilt top for the baby quilt I am making. It will have a deep purple fleece back with a lighter purple cotton binding. I machine embroidered the name and birth date in one corner as well.

I am still learning to use my little camera, but I think it came out pretty well. Think the quilt came out pretty cute as well. My co-worker is the dad, he mentioned that they did the baby's room in pink, black, and white. I actually thought about putting this quilt aside and going and buying all new fabric, but then decided that they can use it in the car or something. I know when my kids were small I was always short on utility type quilts.

I also thought I would post a photo of the center square. You really can't see the detail in this photo, but the little angel is machine embroidered and done to look like cross stitching.


Like I said, the detail isn't showing up very well. But, you get the idea. I am heading off for the night. Going to see what other trouble I can get in tonight. Still need to eat.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Love the little quilt. I NEVER match the quilt to the nursery. Invariably the parents change thier mind. My daughter changed her nursery idea 4 times before settling. I decided to start the quilt without her. My grandson is 5
and still sleeps with his blue/yellow log cabin with embroidered lamps in the center block.

Gina said...

I think it is gorgeous. I love how you've done the border.

I don't match the quilt to the nursery either. The quilts very rarely stay in the room anyway.

love and hugs Gina xxx